Navigate to the Canvas course in which you want to delist the videos from the Canvas > Mediasite section.
Click on My Mediasite button in your canvas course, and then click Authorize
Click on the Search Icon, and enter the course ID, semester or title of the video and press Enter
For example: MEDE.8810 Spring 2019
Select a video from the search results
In the Permissions section, click Edit Permissions
Turn off Inherit permissions from parent folder
In the Add people or groups section, in the drop down box, change the permission type what is applicable:
- Read-Only: People or groups can only play the video. The video will not show up in a search.
- Writer: People or groups can search for the video, and will be able to change the details. They will be unable to play the video.
- Viewer: People or groups can only play the video. The video will not show up in a search.
- Moderator: People or groups can search for the video, and they will be able to moderate the discussion board. They will be unable to play the video.
- Approver: This will give people or groups permission to approve a video before it is being published. As this function is disabled in Mediasite, this permission type is unavailable.
- Editor: People or groups can search for the video, play the video and will be able to change the details.
OPTION 1: GIVING ALL TEACHERS AND TEACHING ASSISTANTS FROM THE FOREIGN ACCESS TO YOUR COURSE
In this tutorial we will be giving permissions to all teachers and teaching assistants from the foreign course, access to your course.
In the search box, type the course ID of the course where the faculty member wants video to be available.For example: MEDE.8809
Click on the group CourseBuilder@UNTCanvas.
Repeat this step for Instructor@UNTCanvas and TeachingAssitant@UNTCanvas.
OPTION 2: GIVING A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL ACCESS TO YOUR COURSE
In this tutorial we will be giving permissions to a single individual.
In the search box, type the EUID person you wish to give access to, then click on his or her name.
Press the Save button to save the changes